World Wide Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
World Wide Chat

Politics, economics, current events forum also devoted to science, theology and philosophy

Currently removing topics that are unrelated to the boards they were posted in

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is Greece going to get out of its current situation? (Or what are they currently doing?)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TheMyrco

TheMyrco

Seriously, how is it going to?

• Most corrupt land of Europe at position 80 of the world's index.
  • 3 percent economic decrease compared to a year earlier.
  • -8.1 percent consumption compared to a year earlier.
  • -12.6 percent of the investments compared to a year earlier.
  • Consumer trust at -63.3.
  • Industrial productions shrunk with 5.9 percent over a year.
  • Inflation at -2.9, deflation.
  • Producer trust at -10.6.
  • And an unemployment of 28%.

I don't want to bash Greece, but I really wonder how they will solve/are solving this.

ael

ael
Admin

TheMyrco wrote:Seriously, how is it going to?

I don't want to bash Greece, but I really wonder how they will solve/are solving this.

greece needs a government reform
with the current government nothing is going to be achieved. the parliament is too corrupt and the politicians (not trying to be edgy, actual facts) have committed too many frauds and they are corrupt. with the current pace i don't see greece recovering in the next 3 years. the only ones who are getting money from the austerity cuts are the greek politicians, that's why they refuse to show any interest (pseudo promises do not count) in rebuilding the country.

government reform is what greece, cyprus and many other european countries need.

TheMyrco

TheMyrco

ael wrote:

with the current government nothing is going to be achieved. the parliament is too corrupt and the politicians (not trying to be edgy, actual facts) have committed too many frauds and they are corrupt. with the current pace i don't see greece recovering in the next 3 years. the only ones who are getting money from the austerity cuts are the greek politicians, that's why they refuse to show any interest (pseudo promises do not count) in rebuilding the country.

government reform is what greece, cyprus and many other european countries need.

Alright. Now, say Greece has a new govnerment. *like magix*
What should(/could) they do about this?

ael

ael
Admin

TheMyrco wrote:
ael wrote:

Alright. Now, say Greece has a new govnerment. *like magix*
What should(/could) they do about this?

first of all i'd decrease the amount of loans and focus on advancing the economy through industry and market. greece has a capitalist economy after all.
secondly i'd personally punish harshly those who've stole money from the government and stop giving privileges to people who do not need them
for example in greece there was a village that was half "blind" (claimed to be blind) and sucked money from the government
another example is that in the greek parliament a large amount of employees there are relatives of the greek politicians.
what the government should also do is to stop focusing on athens and actually focus on other cities too.

Last edited by ael on Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total

ael

ael
Admin

btw this should be in the politics board

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum