World Wide Chat

Politics, economics, current events forum also devoted to science, theology and philosophy

Currently removing topics that are unrelated to the boards they were posted in

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why aren't Jeeps used in combat anymore?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Why aren't Jeeps used in combat anymore? on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:53 am

Take a good look at this picture. Why aren't Jeeps used? They have such strong durability and off-roading capability, and that is just the civilian version. We need a pimped out Jeep Wrangler fitted with equipment like a Humvee.

View user profile

2 Re: Why aren't Jeeps used in combat anymore? on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:54 am

Because anything can blow it up?

EDIT: Or harm the passengers?

View user profile

3 Re: Why aren't Jeeps used in combat anymore? on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:58 am

History0 wrote:Because anything can blow it up?

EDIT: Or harm the passengers?
God dammit it's American engineering. Look at the Hummer. That is a good example of our brutal styling of vehicles. The Jeep Wrangler is underrated. It can survive bullets and crashes.

View user profile

4 Re: Why aren't Jeeps used in combat anymore? on Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:02 am

An RPG? An IED?

View user profile

5 Re: Why aren't Jeeps used in combat anymore? on Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:47 am

ael

Admin
jeeps are history, although many military vehicles are based on the jeep design (humvees). the company turned away from military use and got more focused on selling it to the everyday people.

View user profile

6 Re: Why aren't Jeeps used in combat anymore? on Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:04 pm

I seriously doubt it would survive an RPG blast

View user profile

7 Re: Why aren't Jeeps used in combat anymore? on Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:22 pm

Because more modern armored personal carriers have been developed and can much better survive IED, RPG, and various arms fire.

View user profile

8 Re: Why aren't Jeeps used in combat anymore? on Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:21 pm

Some armies still use them, but it's mostly Rebels or terrorist organizations that use Vehicles like this, Technicals, I know the FSA use them.

View user profile

9 Re: Why aren't Jeeps used in combat anymore? on Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:01 pm

Nattoraliik Inukitsoq wrote:Some armies still use them, but it's mostly Rebels or terrorist organizations that use Vehicles like this, Technicals, I know the FSA use them.
True, reminds me of a quote some cool substitute teacher from Germany told me: They're only terrorists if they're loosing, otherwise they're freedom fighters

View user profile

10 Re: Why aren't Jeeps used in combat anymore? on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:46 pm

Trond wrote:
Nattoraliik Inukitsoq wrote:Some armies still use them, but it's mostly Rebels or terrorist organizations that use Vehicles like this, Technicals, I know the FSA use them.
True, reminds me of a quote some cool substitute teacher from Germany told me: They're only terrorists if they're loosing, otherwise they're freedom fighters

Well that really depends on your view of terrorism, groups such as Hamas claim to be freedom fighters but they fire rockets at Israeli towns simply because they're Jewish

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum